Whether you need ant-mould sealants for your shower and bathroom, all purpose sealants for general use in the home or exterior sealants for roofs, gutters and frames. Uni-bond has them all in a variety of colours and packaging styles.
To prevent mould growth, use UniBond Anti-Mould sealant in your bathroom & kitchen. Unibond ant-mould sealant is a waterproof and durable silicone sealtant.
Bathrooms, Kitchens, Worktops, Tiled areas, Sanitary ware
Tips and Tricks:
- To gain a perfect seal, you must first ensure the area being sealed is clean dry and free of old sealant, grease and dirt. UniBonds Silicone Sealant Remover Gel will aid the removal of old sealant. Furthermore, to make sure that surfaces are as clean as possible, use a cloth damped with white spirit to remove remaining grease and dirt.
Using a Sealant Cartridge & Gun
- Cut the tip off the cartridge above the screw thread.
- Remove the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle at an angle of 45° to the desired joint width.
- Screw the nozzle onto the cartridge and insert the cartridge into the gun. Apply by pulling the trigger.
- Starting in a corner, work along the length of the area to be sealed in a smooth continuous movement. Keep the nozzle in contact with both sides of the joint as a guide.
- If you’re not confident, practice running a smooth continuous bead of sealant on the inside edge of a cardboard box.
Sealing a Bath
- If you’re sealing around a bath, half fill it with water first. Then run the sealant around the edge and leave to dry with the bath still full until the sealant is completely dry.
- To maintain a mould free finish, we recommend regular cleaning of the sealant to remove residues of soap and other toiletries which can provide a starting point for mould growth.
Step by step
- Surfaces must be dry and clean of dirt, loose materials and old sealant.
- Prepare the cartridge and apply by pressing the trigger.
- Smooth within 5 minutes to achieve a perfect finish. For the best results, use the UniBond Sealant Finishing Tool.
- Remove excess sealant before it dries with white spirit. Protect the sealant from water and damp.
- Fully dry in 24-36 hours depending on bead size, temperature & humidity.